The latest addition to the India pace attack is the fast and fiery Mohammed Siraj.
But how well do you know him?
Well, let’s discover some 10 interesting facets about Siraj.
- Siraj was born in Hyderabad.
- He studied at the Safa Junior College in Nampally, Hyderabad.
- He studied only till the 12th standard.
- Initially Siraj was a batsman. Once while playing cricket, his friend told him that his bowling was much better than his batting. This friendly advice was a turning point!
- Playing tennis ball cricket helped him develop the ability to bowl the yorker, which is his favourite ball.
- Siraj comes from a poor background. His father, Mohammed Ghouse used to drive an auto-rickshaw and his mother, Shabana Begum worked as a housemaid.
- His first cricket club was the Charminar Cricket Club in Hyderabad.
- The 2015-16 Ranji season was his breakthrough season. He took 41 wickets in just 9 matches.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad signed him for 2.6 crores rupees for the 2017 IPL season.
- His favourite bowlers are Dale Steyn and Mitchell Starc.
As you can see, Siraj’s story is truly inspirational. We wish him all the best in his future career.